Due to problems caused by Covid-19 deliveries are sometimes taking longer than usual. We are working really hard to minimise any disruption.
We are unable to deliver to Northern Ireland, Jersey, Guernsey, Isle of Wight, Isle of Man or any other offshore islands.
Roses cannot be delivered on a Monday due to the possibility of weekend containment reducing the quality of the product.If you select a specific delivery date we will aim to get your order out to meet this.
If you do not select a specific delivery date for your order we will dispatch this within 14 working days unless other delivery information is stated on the product page.
Your order will be delivered using DPD or Parcel Force.
Seafarers’ charity Stella Maris (Apostleship of the Sea) was founded in Glasgow in 1920 and celebrates its centenary this year.
Stella Maris is the largest ship visiting network in the world with more than 1,000 chaplains and volunteers in over 300 ports around the world visiting over 70,000 ships, reaching more than a million seafarers.
Stella Maris aims to provide a ‘friend in every port’ and offers seafarers practical and pastoral support, information, and a listening ear. It is able to provide practical, emotional and pastoral care to seafarers when tragedy strikes, acting as a dependable, trusted friend in times of crisis.
The Apostleship of the Sea relies on voluntary donations, grants and legacies to continue its work. By purchasing the Stella Maris rose, you can help the charity make a difference to the lives of seafarers and their families.
Thank you. Please visit www.apostleshipofthesea.org.uk for more details about Stella Maris and the centenary celebrations.
“When your chaplains visit ships at port it eases a lot of worries from us seafarers. The reading materials you provided us really eases the boredom and the reconnect us to our faith. Thank you very much Stella Maris for the love. Thank you very much for the sacrifice. God bless to all of you and we pray that you will always be safe in shepherding the lonely seafarers who worked in ships far away from home.” ~ Edgar, a seafarer.
The Stella Maris Centenary Hybrid Tea Rose will make a perfect addition to your garden, while supporting seafarers from across the world.
Ideal for beds and borders, this gorgeous golden-yellow, repeat flowering rose produces beautiful clusters of exceptionally fragrant blooms and attractive foliage from May to September.
This Rose has:
- Beautiful yellow blooms
- Keeps flowering throughout the summer
- Gorgeous delicate fragrance
- Beautiful yellow colour
- Makes a beautiful gift
- Height and Spread: 2ft x 2ft
Our roses are supplied as Garden Rose Plants, either bare rooted or potted into a 3L pot. They are not cut flowers but living rose plants and are suitable for planting either in pots or beds and borders in your garden making a perfect lasting gift. Our roses are supplied all year round (subject to availability) and may not be in a flowering state depending on the time of order. Our roses are supplied trimmed back and ready for planting in the autumn/winter months. New growth will develop from spring and the flowering period should be from late spring and throughout summer depending on the variety selected.
- Will thrive in most well drained soils, on an open sunny site.
- Water thoroughly or stand container in water for an hour before planting.
- Dig a hole twice the size of the pot, mix compost and fertiliser with the soil from the hole, remove pot, place plant in the hole so that the top of the root ball is level with the surrounding soil, back fill and firm down to prevent air pockets.
- Water well after planting and for the first growing season.
- Roses benefit from a mulch of organic material, around the base of the plant after planting. This keeps in moisture, prevents weeds and adds nutrients to the soil.
- Remove spent flowers after flowering, this will encourage repeat flowering.
- Lightly prune in autumn to prevent wind rock over winter. In spring prune down to good, strong, outward facing buds to produce an open wine glass shaped frame, to allow lots of light and air movement into and around the plant.
- Feed in spring after pruning and again in midsummer, with a general rose fertiliser.
- Variety CharacteristicsHeight & Spread: Upto 2ft (60cm) x 2ft (60cm), Flowering: Repeat Flowering, Fragrance Strength: Delicate Fragrance, Colour: Yellow, Type: Hybrid Tea Bush Rose - Large Single Flowers
- This variety is suitable forMixed Border, Pots & Containers, Rose Border, Windy or Exposed, Poor Soil
- Growing ConditionsFull Sunlight, All Soil Types, North, East, South & West Facing, Partial Sunlight
- Rose TypeBush Rose
- Flower TypeHybrid Tea
Are you looking for the product "The Stella Maris Centenary Rose - Potted - Available for delivery Autumn 2021"? We offer this product in our online shop. You can order the product "The Stella Maris Centenary Rose - Potted - Available for delivery Autumn 2021" online and all our potted roses have the option to add our hand gift-wrapping service to them. Order "The Stella Maris Centenary Rose - Potted - Available for delivery Autumn 2021" with a UK delivery service.