Due to problems caused by Covid-19 deliveries are sometimes taking longer than usual. We are working really hard to minimise any disruption.
We are unable to deliver to Northern Ireland, Jersey, Guernsey, Isle of Man or any other offshore islands.
If you select a specific delivery date at the checkout, we will dispatch your order the day before on a 24 hour service in order to meet this. While 95% of orders are likely to arrive on time, DPD deliveries can be a working day late.
If you do not select a specific delivery date for your order we will deliver your order within 7 working days.
Roses that are on pre-order will be delivered at a later date as per the item description.
Your order will be delivered via DPD on a next day service.
Attractive, double flowers gathered in large clusters on long stems with healthy leaves are perfect as vase flowers. It is a shrub of medium size, suitable for rose beds or in combination with other perennials. Without a doubt, this is a rose you will be enchanted by.
This new Harkness rose is a truly amazing variety of deep-pink almost light red colour dappled with white lines - a must-have for rose gardens. Furthermore, you’ll automatically donate to the DofE’s Living Legacy Fund in memory of HRH The Duke of Edinburgh, which will give one million more young people the opportunity to do their DofE, from all circumstances and backgrounds.
Our roses are supplied as Garden Rose Plants, either bare rooted or potted into a 3L pot. They are not cut flowers but living rose plants and are suitable for planting either in pots or beds and borders in your garden making a perfect lasting gift. Our roses are supplied all year round (subject to availability) and may not be in a flowering state depending on the time of order. Our roses are supplied trimmed back and ready for planting in the autumn/winter months. New growth will develop from spring and the flowering period should be from late spring and throughout summer depending on the variety selected.
- Will thrive in most well drained soils, on an open sunny site.
- Water thoroughly or stand container in water for an hour before planting.
- Dig a hole twice the size of the pot, mix compost and fertiliser with the soil from the hole, remove pot, place plant in the hole so that the top of the root ball is level with the surrounding soil, back fill and firm down to prevent air pockets.
- Water well after planting and for the first growing season.
- Roses benefit from a mulch of organic material, around the base of the plant after planting. This keeps in moisture, prevents weeds and adds nutrients to the soil.
- Remove spent flowers after flowering, this will encourage repeat flowering.
- Lightly prune in autumn to prevent wind rock over winter. In spring prune down to good, strong, outward facing buds to produce an open wine glass shaped frame, to allow lots of light and air movement into and around the plant.
- Feed in spring after pruning and again in midsummer, with a general rose fertiliser.
- Variety CharacteristicsFragrance Strength: Delicate Fragrance, Colour: Deep Pink, Height & Spread: Upto 3.5ft (105cm) x 2ft (60cm)
- This variety is suitable forMixed Border, Pots & Containers, Rose Border
- Flower TypeShrub
Are you looking for the product "Duke of Edinburgh Rose - Potted - PRE-ORDER AUTUMN 2022"? We offer this product in our online shop. You can order the product "Duke of Edinburgh Rose - Potted - PRE-ORDER AUTUMN 2022" online and all our potted roses have the option to add our hand gift-wrapping service to them. Order "Duke of Edinburgh Rose - Potted - PRE-ORDER AUTUMN 2022" with a UK delivery service.