We are excited to bring to you, The England Rugby Rose! This stunning new red rose variety bred by Harkness Roses has been produced exclusively for the RFU to mark the 150th anniversary of English Rugby.
This beautiful Hybrid Tea Rose variety boasts a fresh fragrance and large blooms in a striking deep red. With large hybrid tea blooms and long straight stems, this rose is wonder for cutting. It forms a compact shrub with plenty dark green and disease-resistant foliage. Its excellent, strong, bushy habit holds flowers up high in a lively manner. Ideal variety for beds, borders and large patio containers. Very healthy and very easy to grow.
This Rose has:
- Large hybrid tea blooms.
- Flower diameter 8-9cm
- Double flowering blooms repeat all throughout the year
- Gorgeous delicate fragrance
- Striking deep red colour
- Good disease resistance
- Makes a beautiful gift
- Height and Spread: 2.6ft x 2ft
Money raised through sales of the rose will help fund the RFU Injured Players Foundation which provides support to rugby players who sustain a catastrophic spinal cord injury or traumatic brain injury while playing the game.
Our roses are supplied as Garden Rose Plants, either bare rooted or potted into a 3L pot. They are not cut flowers but living rose plants and are suitable for planting either in pots or beds and borders in your garden making a perfect lasting gift. Our roses are supplied all year round (subject to availability) and may not be in a flowering state depending on the time of order. Our roses are supplied trimmed back and ready for planting in the autumn/winter months. New growth will develop from spring and the flowering period should be from late spring and throughout summer depending on the variety selected.
- Will thrive in most well drained soils, on an open sunny site.
- Water thoroughly or stand container in water for an hour before planting.
- Dig a hole twice the size of the pot, mix compost and fertiliser with the soil from the hole, remove pot, place plant in the hole so that the top of the root ball is level with the surrounding soil, back fill and firm down to prevent air pockets.
- Water well after planting and for the first growing season.
- Roses benefit from a mulch of organic material, around the base of the plant after planting. This keeps in moisture, prevents weeds and adds nutrients to the soil.
- Remove spent flowers after flowering, this will encourage repeat flowering.
- Lightly prune in autumn to prevent wind rock over winter. In spring prune down to good, strong, outward facing buds to produce an open wine glass shaped frame, to allow lots of light and air movement into and around the plant.
- Feed in spring after pruning and again in midsummer, with a general rose fertiliser.
Due to problems caused by Covid-19 deliveries are sometimes taking longer than usual. We are working really hard to minimise any disruption.
If you select a specific delivery date we will aim to get your order out to meet this.
If you do not select a specific delivery date for your order we will dispatch this within 7 working days unless other delivery information is stated on the product page.
Your order will be delivered using DPD or Parcel Force.
Are you looking for the product "The England Rugby Rose - Potted"? We offer this product in our online shop. You can order the product "The England Rugby Rose - Potted" online and all our potted roses have the option to add our hand gift-wrapping service to them. Order "The England Rugby Rose - Potted" with a UK delivery service.