Open Arms is a special Climbing Rose variety that is best described as a miniature rambler. A repeat bloomer it will produces masses and masses of semi-double soft pink blooms that quickly fade to pale pink, each bloom with prominent golden stamens in the centre - the individual flowers are small, but are held in large clusters which creates a magnificent effect. The perfect rose for a traditional cottage style garden, it also benefits from a pleasant light fragrance, making it a magnet for bees and butterflies too.
Ideal for beds and borders, this repeat flowering rose produces beautiful clusters of blooms with a good fragrance on attractive foliage from May to September.
This Rose has:
- Beautiful light pink blooms
- Keeps flowering throughout the summer
- Delicate fragrance
- Makes a beautiful gift
- Height: 10ft
Our roses are supplied as Garden Rose Plants, either bare rooted or potted into a 3L pot. They are not cut flowers but living rose plants and are suitable for planting either in pots or beds and borders in your garden making a perfect lasting gift. Our roses are supplied all year round (subject to availability) and may not be in a flowering state depending on the time of order. Our roses are supplied trimmed back and ready for planting in the autumn/winter months. New growth will develop from spring and the flowering period should be from late spring and throughout summer depending on the variety selected.
- Will thrive in most well drained soils, on an open sunny site.
- Water thoroughly or stand container in water for an hour before planting.
- Dig a hole twice the size of the pot, mix compost and fertiliser with the soil from the hole, remove pot, place plant in the hole so that the top of the root ball is level with the surrounding soil, back fill and firm down to prevent air pockets.
- Water well after planting and for the first growing season.
- Roses benefit from a mulch of organic material, around the base of the plant after planting. This keeps in moisture, prevents weeds and adds nutrients to the soil.
- Remove spent flowers after flowering, this will encourage repeat flowering.
- Lightly prune in autumn to prevent wind rock over winter. In spring prune down to good, strong, outward facing buds to produce an open wine glass shaped frame, to allow lots of light and air movement into and around the plant.
- Feed in spring after pruning and again in midsummer, with a general rose fertiliser.
- Variety CharacteristicsFlowering: Repeat Flowering, Colour: Light Pink, Fragrance Strength: Medium Fragrance, Fragrance Comment: Medium Fragrance, Type: Climbing Rose, Height & Spread: Upto 10ft (300cm)
- This variety is suitable forWall or Fence, Arches, Doorway, Obelisk or Pillar, Attracting Bees
- Growing ConditionsFull Sunlight, All Soil Types, Partial Sunlight, East, South & West Facing
- Rose TypePatio Abundance Climbing
- Flower TypeClimber
Due to problems caused by Covid-19 deliveries are sometimes taking longer than usual. We are working really hard to minimise any disruption.
We are unable to deliver to Northern Ireland, Jersey, Guernsey, Isle of Wight, Isle of Man or any other offshore islands.
Roses cannot be delivered on a Monday due to the possibility of weekend containment reducing the quality of the product.If you select a specific delivery date we will aim to get your order out to meet this.
If you do not select a specific delivery date for your order we will dispatch this within 7 working days unless other delivery information is stated on the product page.
Your order will be delivered using DPD or Parcel Force.
Are you looking for the product "Open Arms Patio Climbing Rose - Potted - Delivery w/c 14th June 2021"? We offer this product in our online shop. You can order the product "Open Arms Patio Climbing Rose - Potted - Delivery w/c 14th June 2021" online and all our potted roses have the option to add our hand gift-wrapping service to them. Order "Open Arms Patio Climbing Rose - Potted - Delivery w/c 14th June 2021" with a UK delivery service.