Due to problems caused by Covid-19 deliveries are sometimes taking longer than usual. We are working really hard to minimise any disruption.
We are unable to deliver to Northern Ireland, Jersey, Guernsey, Isle of Man or any other offshore islands.
IF YOU HAVE NOT SELECTED A DELIVERY DATE, YOUR ORDER WILL BE DISPATCHED IN 3-5 WORKING DAYS.
This climbing rose provides a mass of flowers in Summer and Autumn. Each bloom is a soft pearl pink with a rich ruby red centre. There is abundant glossy dark green foliage to act as a perfect background to the beautiful and unique blooms. Boasting a light and pleasant perfume, Chawton Cottage becomes a supremely good rose. Bred from one of our breeding lines to provide tough easy to grow roses with exemplary health, Chawton Cottage will please and enchant the most demanding of gardeners. Dimensions:240cm x 100cm.
Our roses are supplied as Garden Rose Plants, either bare rooted or potted into a 5L pot. They are not cut flowers but living rose plants and are suitable for planting either in pots or beds and borders in your garden making a perfect lasting gift. Our roses are supplied all year round (subject to availability) and may not be in a flowering state depending on the time of order. Our roses are supplied trimmed back and ready for planting in the autumn/winter months. New growth will develop from spring and the flowering period should be from late spring and throughout summer depending on the variety selected.
- Will thrive in most well drained soils, on an open sunny site.
- Water thoroughly or stand container in water for an hour before planting.
- Dig a hole twice the size of the pot, mix compost and fertiliser with the soil from the hole, remove pot, place plant in the hole so that the top of the root ball is level with the surrounding soil, back fill and firm down to prevent air pockets.
- Water well after planting and for the first growing season.
- Roses benefit from a mulch of organic material, around the base of the plant after planting. This keeps in moisture, prevents weeds and adds nutrients to the soil.
- Remove spent flowers after flowering, this will encourage repeat flowering.
- Lightly prune in autumn to prevent wind rock over winter. In spring prune down to good, strong, outward facing buds to produce an open wine glass shaped frame, to allow lots of light and air movement into and around the plant.
- Feed in spring after pruning and again in midsummer, with a general rose fertiliser.
- Variety CharacteristicsFragrance Strength: Strong Fragrance, Colour: Pink with Ruby Eye
- This variety is suitable forWall or Fence, Obelisk or Pillar, Attracting Bees
- Growing ConditionsFull Sunlight, All Soil Types, Partial Sunlight, Sunlight
- Rose TypeClimbing Rose
- Flower TypeClimber
Are you looking for the product "Chawton Cottage Climbing Rose - Bare Root"? We offer this product in our online shop. You can order the product "Chawton Cottage Climbing Rose - Bare Root" online and all our potted roses have the option to add our hand gift-wrapping service to them. Order "Chawton Cottage Climbing Rose - Bare Root" with a UK delivery service.