Due to problems caused by Covid-19 deliveries are sometimes taking longer than usual. We are working really hard to minimise any disruption.
We are unable to deliver to Northern Ireland, Jersey, Guernsey, Isle of Man or any other offshore islands.
IF YOU HAVE NOT SELECTED A DELIVERY DATE, YOUR ORDER WILL BE DISPATCHED IN 7 WORKING DAYS.
IF YOUR ORDER CONTAINS PRE-ORDER ITEMS FOR DELIVERY AUTUMN 2022 IT WILL BE SHIPPED IN THE AUTUMN ONCE ALL ITEMS ARE AVAILABLE. WE ARE UNABLE TO SPLIT SHIPMENTS FOR MULTIPLE ROSES.
This rose has been in memory of John, a beloved brother. A note from his loving family -
'John was our beloved brother; the youngest of four siblings. He was bright and charming and was a kind and affectionate man to many.
Recently, John had become deeply troubled and the light went out in him. Influenced by external forces, he felt unable to carry on with life and he ended it alone and in despair before we could find him. His body lay undiscovered for many months during the covid19 ‘lockdown' in early 2020.
Many have paid their great respects to John and he will be profoundly missed. His name will live on in our lives in so many ways, and, as a very generous tribute to him, David White at ‘World of Roses’ has so kindly cultivated a ‘handsome and proud’ yellow floribunda rose which will be named ‘Our John’ in his memory. It is described as “a refreshing yellow which hardly fades at all”.
Our memories of John will never, ever fade.'
The Our John Floribunda Rose will no doubt bring delight to everyone. Masses of vibrant yellow blooms set on a backdrop of deep green foliage will have this making a statement in any garden. A wonderful delicate fragrance completes the package. Perfect gift rose for a friend on any occasion. Dimensions:105cm x 60cm
Our roses are supplied as Garden Rose Plants, either bare rooted or potted into a 5L pot. They are not cut flowers but living rose plants and are suitable for planting either in pots or beds and borders in your garden making a perfect lasting gift. Our roses are supplied all year round (subject to availability) and may not be in a flowering state depending on the time of order. Our roses are supplied trimmed back and ready for planting in the autumn/winter months. New growth will develop from spring and the flowering period should be from late spring and throughout summer depending on the variety selected.
- Will thrive in most well drained soils, on an open sunny site.
- Water thoroughly or stand container in water for an hour before planting.
- Dig a hole twice the size of the pot, mix compost and fertiliser with the soil from the hole, remove pot, place plant in the hole so that the top of the root ball is level with the surrounding soil, back fill and firm down to prevent air pockets.
- Water well after planting and for the first growing season.
- Roses benefit from a mulch of organic material, around the base of the plant after planting. This keeps in moisture, prevents weeds and adds nutrients to the soil.
- Remove spent flowers after flowering, this will encourage repeat flowering.
- Lightly prune in autumn to prevent wind rock over winter. In spring prune down to good, strong, outward facing buds to produce an open wine glass shaped frame, to allow lots of light and air movement into and around the plant.
- Feed in spring after pruning and again in midsummer, with a general rose fertiliser.
Are you looking for the product "Our John Rose - Potted"? We offer this product in our online shop. You can order the product "Our John Rose - Potted" online and all our potted roses have the option to add our hand gift-wrapping service to them. Order "Our John Rose - Potted" with a UK delivery service.